It's official - Lane is riding. We weren't real sure it was going to happen. Earlier in the summer there were long debates between Lane and Dad about her wanting to put her training wheels back on her bike. I didn't understand because she had already ridden, but with help starting and stopping. There were many tears shed when I agreed to the training wheels on the condition that she had to put them on herself. She got them out, put one on the back wheel, threaded the nut with her fingers, went to the tool box, got a wrench (the right one too - I was proud) and came back to the bike and thought that I would help tighten it. When I said she had to do it, she gave up in a huff and didn't touch the bike for weeks. Well today was the day. She started, rode around the cul-de-sac and stopped all on her own. She kept riding, until, finally she had that inevitable first fall. It wasn't too bad, just a slightly skinned knee, but it was enough for the day. Despite the fall, she is really proud and happy. I think she was inspired by all the Tour de France cycling she is seeing as Dad is enjoying his July habit.
P.S. We are figuring out the best way to post video - be sure to look at the July post titled "More CMH Video" It is new but further down the list.


1 comment:
Hurray! Way to go Lane! We are proud of you....and you look like such a BIG girl riding around on the bike. You are growing up too fast.
Post a Comment